You don’t want to be too obvious and spammy with your writing, but you should optimize your summary and profile to feature the specific keywords for which you want business. You should add skills to your profile that match the keywords to increase your relevance in searches. The keywords should be a mixture ranging from highly focused to wide ranging categories. For example, IT Solutions is a broad term for someone who secures a home office network against hackers and viruses (more detailed keywords.)
Use keywords in your job experience section of your profile, giving in-depth descriptions of your functions at various jobs, explaining in detail your experience as it is relevant to your current skills that you are promoting. Discuss goals and achievements in addition to the regular responsibilities, and seek relevant recommendations from people you worked with while performing those functions.
Justin Soenke is a trend-based serial entrepreneur and thought leader in the areas of cyber-security, web design, SEO, social media, eCommerce and managed IT. Justin has overseen the creation and success of over a dozen companies in the technology, security and media sectors, and is the contributing source for his SB Design Blog, SB Tech Blog and SB SEO Blog among regular contributions to many outside blogs and websites, all for our clients.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
- 6 Tips for Creating an Intelligent Chatbot for Your Online StoreJanuary 13, 2019Chatbots can save time by automating the customer service experience on your website, but a bad one can easily drive away customers and make your site look unprofessional.
- Understanding the 3-2-1 Rule in Disaster RecoveryDecember 31, 2018Disaster recovery is a critical part of business continuity, and backups play a large role in your plan's success. During a risk analysis and disaster recovery planning, you need a comprehensive solution.
- Website Flipping 101: How to Make Money Buying and Selling WebsitesDecember 7, 2018Like flipping real estate, flipping a website involves buying and improving websites, followed by selling them for a profit.
- 5 Things Everyone Should Know About Internet SecurityNovember 17, 2018With hacking and Internet-based crime on the rise, it has never been more important to know how to stay safe online.
- How To Make Your Website More TrustworthyNovember 2, 2018Creating a successful website requires earning visitor's trust. When visitors don't trust a website, they'll be reluctant to take conversion-triggering actions.